Freeware that protects your display with a cozy-looking blaze
- Category Screensavers
- Program license Free
- Version 1.2
- Size 6.2 MB
- Works under: Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows 2003 / Windows XP / Windows NT / Windows 2000 / Windows ME / Windows 98 SE / Windows 98 / Windows 95
- Program available in English
- Program by Fireplace Screensaver
This Fireplace Screensaver creates a fun and whimsical image of a glowing fireplace on your computer which might remind you of curling up next to a roaring fireplace on Christmas morning.
No matter where you live, you probably associate fireplaces with cold winter days. After a day of skiing, snowboarding down the mountain slopes, building a snowman with your kids, or just trudging through the snow on your way to work, you'll love coming home and sitting next to the fire. If you live in a home that lacks a fireplace, you can use this screensaver to recreate that feeling.
Roaring fireplaces are such an important part of Christmas that a public access station in New York City even aired a video loop of a fireplace around the holidays. When the television station attempted to replace that video, backlash was so great that it quickly brought back the fireplace video. Other stations across the country now run similar videos around the holidays. Even if you live in a warm area like California or Florida, watching this screensaver will put you in the holiday spirit.
This Fireplace Screensaver has an accurate and realistic look. It features bold and bright shades of red and orange that will make you feel like you're right next to a fireplace. As the wood burns down, you'll even see those logs transforming into red embers and white ash. The screensaver even includes some smoky elements that rise off the logs. It's the perfect replacement for a real fireplace.
While this screensaver works exactly as described, you must have Adobe Flash on your computer to use it. If you have an outdated version of Flash, the screensaver will run slower and may crash. As it doesn't tell you which version of Flash you have, you must manually visit the Adobe site, find the most recent updates, and download and install each one.
As a screensaver, it comes on when you leave your computer running. Many people find that it can overheat their computers and leave their computers running sluggishly. You may also need to change your settings to keep your computer from entering sleep or hibernation mode instead of turning on the screensaver. Though you cannot customize this Fireplace Screensaver, you can use it to remind yourself of bygone times around the holidays and all year long.
- Recreates the look and sound of a real fireplace
- Features lots of colors that add to its realistic look
- Automatically comes on when you do not use your computer
- Can access the screensaver via your control panel
- Works with all Windows operating systems
- Can make your computer run too hot or even cause overheating
- May make your computer run too sluggishly
- Requires an updated version of Adobe Flash to run
- Lacks any real customizing features
- May require that you make changes to your settings